Summer Recipe: Espresso and Brown Sugar Panna Cotta
Espresso and Brown Sugar Panna Cotta by cfwhittie
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 1/2 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
- 4 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 can ready-made whipped cream
- 6 chocolate-covered espresso beans
- Pour the milk in a medium saucepan.
- Spinkle gelatin evenly over milk and let stand 7 minutes.
- Turn on the heat to medium and stir milk for 2 minutes, or until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add the cream, espresso powder, and sugar.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat, and let cool 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into 6 glasses (martini or port glasses work well).
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours, or until the mixture is set.
- When ready to serve, garnish the top of each panna cotta with a dollop of whipped cream and an espresso bean.
intrepid510 | Tue, 10/18/2011 - 19:56
Instant espresso is good for using in things like this as it adds good flavor but no liquid really. Obviously this is a treat, not what you are going to go to for your morning brew, think Starbucks. I mean you order extra "pumps" in their Fraps not shots now...